When you're ready to take your checking account to the next level, reward yourself with the perks of an Interest Checking account.Open Now
M-F: 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. (CT)
Sat: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (CT)
Schedule an Appointment
to meet with a banker
An Interest-Bearing Checking Account — with Lots of Extras
Our Interest Checking account provides lots of extra perks and premiums for our high-balance clients. The account includes Premier Money Market relationship pricing, discounted rates on personal loans and one (1) automatic ATM fee rebate per statement cycle.
Download our Simple Guide
Earn Even More Interest
In addition to earning interest on the money in your checking account, with Interest Checking, you'll also enjoy special pricing on your Colorado State Bank and Trust Premier Money Market account.
Save on Your Loans
As an Interest Checking client, you'll enjoy a discount on select loans with Colorado State Bank and Trust. You'll get the convenience of having all your banking in one place, while still saving money on your rates.
Enjoy Plenty of Bonus Features
With your Interest Checking account, you can take advantage of extra perks, including free standard checks, one automatic ATM fee rebate each statement cycle, and free incoming domestic wires.
Additional Interest Checking account benefits include:
- Money Market relationship pricing
- Free standard checks or 50% off premium styles
- ATM fee rebates (1 per statement cycle)
- Unlimited check writing
- Free incoming domestic wires
- Free access to more than 24,000 MoneyPass ATMs nationwide, including more than 600 statewide.
- Free online and mobile banking
- Free online and mobile bill pay
- Free Visa debit card
- Free check images with your monthly statement
- Overdraft protection
- One complimentary overdraft fee refund per year
- No monthly fee as long as minimum requirements are met
- A low $50 opening deposit required
The monthly service fee ($15) can be avoided with one of the following:
- Maintain $10,000 total average collected and combined balance for the month. May be combined balance in any combination of the following personal accounts: checking, money markets, savings, CDs, IRAs, installment loans and lines of credit. Colorado State Bank and Trust mortgage balances are excluded from the combined balance calculation. Accounts are not automatically linked. Please notify your banker which accounts should be linked. Personal accounts linked to your account to qualify as combined balances may only be used once. For example, your Money Market account can only be linked to one account to offset the monthly service fee.
- Colorado State Bank and Trust mortgage with auto debit.
- Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day that the Bank receives credit for the deposit of non-cash items, such as checks. Unless stated otherwise, we use the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. The interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) are administered by the Bank and may change daily at the discretion of the Bank, unless stated otherwise. Account fees may reduce earnings. Please ask for a current rate sheet for interest rate information. For additional information, read the Summary of Fees and Definitions and the Agreements and Disclosures.
- Loan discounts do not apply to all types of loans and are applicable for new loans only. Discount applies to the Interest Rate at the time of application. Payment must be automatically debited from a Colorado State Bank and Trust checking account. Some restrictions apply. All offers subject to credit approval.
- Regarding Premier Money Market relationship, the bonus interest rate is not automatically applied and must be requested. If the Interest Checking Account is terminated, the bonus interest rate on all eligible savings accounts, and discounts or fee waivers on other products and services will discontinue and revert to the Bank's then current applicable rate or fee.
- One overdraft fee is refunded per calendar year, at client’s request.
- If enrolled in Overdraft Protection, we will automatically transfer funds, to the extent they are available, from your linked Colorado State Bank and Trust savings, money market account or personal line of credit to your checking account to cover transactions, should your checking account balance drop too low. A transfer fee will apply and transfers from your savings or money market may be subject to an excessive withdrawal fee. See Summary of Fees and Definitions for pricing.
- Although we will not charge you a fee for using a non-Colorado State Bank and Trust ATM, some banks will charge fees when using their ATMs for withdrawal, transfer, and balance inquiries. However, a fee can be avoided by using one of more than 24,000 free MoneyPass ATMs nationwide. In addition, if you own an Interest Checking account and are charged an ATM fee, you will be issued one (1) automatic rebate per statement cycle.
How It Works: Wire Transfers
Wire transfers are fast and secure, and you'll typically use them to transfer money between external accounts and your Colorado State Bank and Trust account. Because the transfer is done electronically and the funds are guaranteed, it's a same-day process, which means you or your loved ones will never have to wait long to receive your funds.
We can accommodate a variety of different types of wire transfers, including both domestic and international transfers in the currency of your choice, and repeating and one-off payments. Please visit a banking center or call ExpressBank at (877) 205-1710 to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions? We've got answers. And, if you don't find what you're looking for, sign in to Online Banking and visit our Actions and Tools menu to send us a Secure Message or call us at (877) 205-1710.
Can I order checks online?
Absolutely. Just visit our ordering page. There, you can customize your checks with different designs and formats, and order as many as you need.
Where can I find my ABA routing number?
The Colorado State Bank and Trust Routing Number is: 102000607. You can also find it on your Colorado State Bank and Trust checks in the location shown below:
What is Online and Mobile Bill Pay?
Bill Pay is a service that lets you pay your bills from your computer or mobile device, without having to write or mail a check. It's easy and fast, and can even be set up to pay recurring bills automatically. No checks to write, no envelopes to address and no stamps to lick. Learn more about Online Bill Pay today.
Ready to Get Started?Open Now
Related Products and Services
Your Financial Resources
Colorado State Bank and Trust is with you on every step of your financial journey. Here are some tips and tricks that might help you along the way.