Life can be complicated, but checking shouldn't be. Choice Checking offers simple flexibility to make checking easier than ever.Get Started
A Full-Service Checking Account to Meet All Your Banking Needs
Our Choice Checking account includes everything you've come to expect from a Colorado State Bank and Trust checking account, like unlimited check writing, Online Bill Pay, and QuickSaveSM, all with lots of options to waive the low monthly fee.
Download the Simple Guide
Write as Many Checks as You Need
With your Choice Checking account, there's no limit to how many checks you can write each month, so you never need to worry about paying extra fees when you're paying your bills.
Pay Your Bills Online
Hate writing checks? With Choice Checking, that's no problem at all — you can use Online Bill Pay to pay your bills or send money.
Reach Your Goals Faster
Our Choice Checking account comes with access to QuickSave, a tool designed to help you save money faster. Every time you use your Visa® Debit Card to make a qualifying purchase, and for each time you make a Bill Pay transaction, an amount of your choosing ($0.25 or $0.50) will be automatically transferred into your savings.
Choice Checking account benefits include:
- Free access to more than 24,000 MoneyPass ATMs nationwide, including more than 600 statewide.
- Free Visa® debit card
- Free check images with your monthly statement
- Free online and mobile banking
- Free online and mobile bill pay
- One overdraft fee refund per year
- Overdraft protection
- A low $50 opening deposit required
1. Maintain a $1,400 average monthly collected balance in your Choice Checking account.
2. Maintain a $5,000 average monthly collected balance in combined balances within your Choice Checking account and your other personal Money Market or Savings accounts. Personal accounts linked to your account to qualify as combined balances may only be used once. For example, your Savings Account can only be linked to one account to offset the monthly maintenance fee.
3. Direct Deposit. Qualifying direct deposits are deposits of regular monthly income of at least $300 per statement cycle which are deposited electronically to your account through the automated clearinghouse (ACH). Examples would be your salary, pension, government benefit payment, such as Social Security, or regular monthly income from an employer or third party. Other types of transfers and deposits do not qualify. Examples of non-qualifying transfers and deposits include: deposits made at a banking location or ATM, wire transfers, Online Banking transfers, non-periodic direct deposits (such as tax refunds or payments) or transfers from one account to another.
How It Works: Online Bill Pay
Online Bill Pay is designed to make your life easier by eliminating checks, envelopes and stamps. Now you can pay virtually anyone in the U.S. from your checking account with just a few clicks of your mouse. It's safe, convenient and easy. Here are just a few things you can do with Online Bill Pay: Add payees. It's simple, whether they are individuals or businesses. Set up automatic payments for payments with fixed amounts — like your rent or mortgage. Track the status of your payment from Pending to Paid. Review history to see details about the payments you have made. Set up automated alerts to send notifications about your bills.
Online Bill Pay works in two different ways: electronically or via paper check. If the company you are paying has an online account, the payment will be made electronically and will arrive in approximately two business days. If you are paying an individual or a company that does not have an online account, Colorado State Bank and Trust will process a paper check and mail it on your behalf, to arrive in approximately four business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions? We've got answers. And, if you don't find what you're looking for, sign in to Online Banking and visit our Actions and Tools menu to send us a Secure Message or call us at (877) 205-1710.
Can I order checks online?
Absolutely. Just visit our ordering page. There, you can customize your checks with different designs and formats, and order as many as you need.
Where can I find my ABA routing number?
The Colorado State Bank and Trust Routing Number is: 102000607. You can also find it on your Colorado State Bank and Trust checks in the location shown below:
What is Online and Mobile Bill Pay?
Bill Pay is a service that lets you pay your bills from your computer or mobile device, without having to write or mail a check. It's easy and fast, and can even be set up to pay recurring bills automatically. No checks to write, no envelopes to address and no stamps to lick. Learn more about Online Bill Pay today.